Friday, February 11, 2011

I feel like I've been living in a city with no children in it

I've reached a plateau in my age. turning 16 was a big deal. Turning 17 was a big deal. So was 18, and 19, and 20. 21 is a big deal. 22 is not a big deal. In fact there isn't going to be another big deal until when I turn 30. But a birthday's a birthday. It doesn't happen every day.

Yesterday was pretty fun, i met up with a bunch of friends and played Bonanza, which i got for my birthday, and some other games. I stayed up way too late and it made this morning sort of horrible, especially when my shower was cold, but i think it's important to take advantage of birthdays.

This birthday is quite a bit different from my last birthday. Life is good, i'm making this post from my laptop. I just aced a test, it's friday, and the weekend is looking promising. I'm discovering Arcade Fire, and thinking that's pretty swell. I'm alone, but I ain't lonely. (Alone in the present, spacial sense, but i have a lot of great friends and a great family.)

I might be going to the BYU - Utah basketball game tomorrow, if i can get tickets. The last time i went to a byu - utah game i was wearing red. But i think i've come to terms with my utah-byu dichotomy. It's funny how things go.

I think some how, since my last college birthday, I've grown up, or something. If nothing else, my life is about 100 times better. Talvez seja porque eu sei falar uma lingua novo. Quem sabe.


Anyway, it's time for my chem lecture.

3 comments:

  1. Arcade Fire is awesome. But wait -discovered? You already knew who they are- remember the video we watched with google earth of your place in Portugal ("We Used to Wait")? And also you played "Intervention" on keyboard (me on bass).

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, but i hadn't listened to any of their other songs. I actually started listening to them because i was showing my friends the We Used to Wait video and i figured i should listen to more of their music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had We Used to Wait in my head all week, from pulling it up for the boys to look at. I will take any suggestions on other good songs to explore from them. I have 6 dollars of precious itunes credit left over from christmas.

    ReplyDelete