Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ammon Perkes: PhD?

I may or may not be putting off a paper.

Today was one of those great college days. I woke up to Dave Matthews (or rather my roommate woke up to that and kicked my bed until i woke up, since i was still dreaming to dave matthews music.) We watched a movie in my math class. I took a nap in the library. I ate lunch in the chemistry building while doing my homework. I scanned some books while watching TopGear. I rode my bike to the mall and ordered some contacts, and i got to watch the sunset turn the mountains pink on my way home.

There was a little seminar on Graduate school that I went to for extra credit, and I definitely like the idea of doing graduate school. I've realized more and more that the idea of doing some sort of research biology sounds very fun and meaningful, and i learned some things about graduate school that makes me less afraid to add another 4-6 years to my schooling. So that's something for me to think about.

2 comments:

  1. There are a couple places near us that probably have PhD programs. Is the thing you realized about PhD's is that THEY pay YOU instead of the other way around?

    ReplyDelete