Saturday, January 1, 2011

Now Boarding:

Delta just scared the bejeebies out of me. So i'm sitting here, listening to muse and charging my laptop, and i glance over at my gate, which shouldn't be leaving for another hour, but it says 'Boarding' and there's nobody else sitting there, on the speaker they're announcing people that need to get there or lose their seats. So i throw my laptop in my bag and grab all my stuff and run to the gate, but it turns out it's just a little malfunction, and the plane hasn't even arrived yet. Crisis averted. Now i get to sit here and watch all the other people get scared as they arrive and think they've missed their flight.

I must look extra sketchy today, because getting through security was a hassle and a half. It must be the glint of revolution in my eye, or maybe my vegan shoes, or the fact that i'm pushing the limits of 'carry-on luggage' to their absolute breaking points in an attempt to bring all my possessions to Utah without checking a second bag.

It started by the sad realization that this time i would have to go through the super high def body scanner, since the x-ray thing wasn't even set up. So that was fine. So then i step forward onto this super padded mat, which was actually quite nice, and then a guy steps forward to pat me down. They weren't patting down other people, so that was a little surprising. Happily there was no inner leg action, that would have been a little awkward.

So then they swab my hands for something, i assume bomb powder or something along those lines. I have this terrible image of them finding residue from the fire works last night and arresting, but i pass.

So having established that i'm not carrying any weapons of mass destruction in my back pockets, i go to grab my stove, and the ladies are over there looking at my bag. And going through it and looking at the x-ray thing. I guess they find what their looking for because they pull out my water bottle (which in their defense, is made of metal, and must look a little suspicious, especially if it were to be tangled up in a charger cord or something). They then have a go with the magic detector swabs, but i'm safe there to. So then i get my shoes on and grab my bag and everything, and as i'm about to walk out the security guy grabs his microphone to say something, but then waits for me to leave. I though he was going to call Swat or something, but it turns out he was just reporting that I was the last person or something like that. So despite adventures and things, I made it safely to denver and am now hanging out waiting for my plane to start boarding. Hopefully I can make it to salt lake without being arrested.

~Person of Interest

No comments:

Post a Comment