Monday, January 24, 2011

Bicycle, Bicycle

I was reading some of my old blogs from the pre-mission days. I was pretty opinionated. These days I find myself just not caring about politics and things.

There's not a whole lot of blogworthy things going on in my life right now, and I don't feel like writing about every little flux of emotion I have (which I seemed to do back in the day) I bought a bike though. That's pretty cool. It's the first Bike i've owned since that one I bought in 9th grade got stolen. I've never really found a bike since than that I liked. But this new bike only cost 100 bucks, and I like that.

I think it's interesting, considering how accident prone I am, the track record I have riding bicycles. I've never been hit by a car, or fallen down and broken something, or broken my bike. Not that there haven't been some close calls. Like that time when I was five and didn't have brakes and went flying down the hill into cross traffic, missing cars by inches. Or that time i fell down in the middle of a crowded intersection in cambridge on my way to school. Twice. Or that time i ran into a girl and flew off my bike and almost choked on the jolly rancher pop I was sucking on.

Anyway, the point is, when you consider that I've broken a bone playing hide and seek and had to get stitches from jumping on the couch (or more accurately, not quite jumping on the couch), you'd think i would have more scars from speeding around on a little 21 speed. I think I should look into mountain biking. I think I might be better suited for that than snowboarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment