Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ammon Perkes: Student

There is a long and somewhat sordid story as to why i applied for BYU, but the gist of it all is that I did, about four weeks ago. BYU said i'd know within four weeks whether or not i was accepted, so i was getting a little anxious as three and a half weeks rolled by with nothing. Friday, i checked my email, figuring if they'd send something it'd either be on friday or monday.
Nothing.

Today, it'd been awhile since i checked my email, having spent the day playing games with families and cool things like that. So i figured it was worth checking, and still nothing in the inbox, but i checked out the site. Not a lot had changed, but i noticed that on my application instead of saying 'submitted' it said 'accepted'.

I don't know if this is true of everybody, but my life isn't as dramatic as movies would suggest it should be. Once again, no lights or dramatic music, just a small notice. It's impressive how much weight these little moments can have.

Otherwise life moves on. Now i have a slightly better idea of where it's headed, if only geographically.

~Ammon

No comments:

Post a Comment