Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Two Adventures:

Some time ago I made my first attempts at grilled chicken.  They looked something like road kill.  They still tasted pretty good, but it was probably the ugliest food I have ever had the pleasure of making.  Last week, I had some chicken left over from the peanut butter chicken pasta (which i didn't take a picture of, sadly) and it hadn't been frozen (which i think is what ruined the first batch)  After brining it for half an hour and grilling it with garlic salt and lemon pepper, and it was delicious and looked nothing like road kill.  The macaroni was good too.

This morning, we were tired of not having clean dishes due to lack of dishwasher fluid.  I told tyler dish soap works, but you have to be careful because it can makes a lot of bubbles, I guessed a quarter would be about right (i had done this before on my mission).  Turns out a quarter was not quite right.  The upside is that we now have a very clean floor.  
As you can see, I'm not quite living on the street, I've been bunking at Tyler's house for the last few days, and then on wednesday I can finally move into my new apartment, which is lovely and i love it, even though it's sort of out in the boonies.  Otherwise life is great, more to follow.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh those suds are amazing! I've always wanted to have that actually happen like it does on movies ... maybe I'll have to experiment with my dishwasher. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys(and I) thought your dishwasher incident was hilarious. They even told Dylan when he got home.

    ReplyDelete