Saturday, June 11, 2011

When I grow up I want to have a cool blog.

Sometimes I make new friends and read their blogs and wish I were more creative and witty so that my blog would be as cool as theirs.  Maybe I just need to do more interesting things so that I can write interesting things about them.  Or maybe I could make something up that's interesting and write interesting things about that.  Or maybe I could just figure out how to write about normal things in interesting ways.

Today I took a nap, and that was not terribly interesting, although it was one of the most enjoyable things i've done all week.

Let's try that again.

So I was taking a nap today.  Historically I haven't been a big fan of naps.  I mostly just never saw a reason to sleep during the day when there were fun things to be done.  I think it was in the MTC when I started to see that naps are one of the miracles of modern life.

So I'm taking this nap, and I had this dream.  I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt (in real life, not in the dream) which seemed to have a positive effect, because often I dream that I'm wearing whatever I'm wearing in real life, which, more often than not, causes me to be embarrassingly underdressed for my dreams.  In this dream I was at my friends' condo waiting for a choral concert.  I was talking to people, your normal provo activity.  Then the concert finished and there was that awkward post-concert time when you want to hang out with people but they're busy talking to other people who you don't know and don't really have anything to say.  I assume somewhere in between there was, in fact, a concert, but I don't remember it, so I guess it wasn't anything special.  Having left that, I was talking to these two girls I had just met (in the dream, not in real life) who were shamelessly flirty, and I woke up realizing that that sort of thing is a bit of a turn off.

The moral of this story is, of course, that taking 3 hour naps at 2p.m. will make it somewhat difficult to sleep at 2a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment