Tuesday, June 14, 2011

But, luckily, he kept his wits and his purple crayon.

Last night's dream was trippy.  So first of all, for whatever reason, I've transformed into this very tall, super athletic guy.  And there are two of me.   So we're in Japan with this girl I dated a little bit.  And I'm on some sort of secret mission and I have to infiltrate this dock, which I've just gotten to by airplane.  I don't remember exactly how it happened, but I distinctly remember there was Saki involved.  Somehow I pulled that off, because I and this girl went back to her parents house.  Her parents are japanese, which is odd because she is not.  So we are sleeping (each in our own beds), or I guess we're not sleeping, because we're both awake, because then she comes over and starts straight up attacking me.  As we talked it out, I learn she's actually a werewolf.  So that's a bit of a set back in this already somewhat rocky relationship.  But I'm willing to work through this, and I was just trying to understand the mechanics of this and wrap my mind around this idea, since I know that werewolf's don't actually exist, but there she is.

I think sunday game night may have had a lot to do with this, as The Werewolves of Miller Hollow was the game of choice, although I don't think said girl was actually ever the werewolf.

I've decided to do something new.  Every week I'm going to pick something that is inherently difficult for me and then work at it until I get it, and then pick something new.  I'm going to get a list of things going, including this like don't use facebook, hold a pen without spinning it around my fingers, ride my bike to park city, etc.  This week i'm going to learn a real piece of music.  I haven't decided yet what it's going to be.  If nothing else, it'll give me something to write about.

As you might have guessed, Harold and the Purple Crayon arrived in the mail today.  My apartment is almost complete, I just need a trip to target and some help with Harold, and we'll be in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment