Sunday, April 24, 2011

Not with a bang but a whimper

Lindsey broke up with me.  It was not entirely unexpected.  She's been unusually busy to the point where it felt a lot like she was avoiding me, and then I got a text message asking if we could talk.  Nothing good comes of those text messages.

So I'm sort of sad, I really liked her, much more than any girl I had dated before, and it was in a lot of ways my first legitimate relationship.  I suppose that trivializes every other relationship I've had in a big way, but they were all pretty trivial in comparison.

That said, I'm ok.  In this brave new world of high stakes, post-mission dating, I often felt like I wanted to get to know more people before settling into something long term.  So it's probably for the best.  And if we were going to break up, she chose a very good time.  It gives a nice clean start to the beginning of summer.
So, off we go!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry man. I think you should date a lot post mission before being in something long term so I agree that it is probably for the best. Luckily, you're in Provo where there are literally thousands of adorable girls eager to date a charming return missionary like yourself. Go have fun.

    PS: Next time pick someone who is on Facebook so I can stalk them and give my sisterly thumbs up/down.

    ReplyDelete