Thursday, July 7, 2011

That summer seemed to last forever

Before
After
About a month and a half ago, I decided to make my apartment comfortable.  It's interesting how that decision, was really part of a larger goal of making new friends and being able to invite people over to my house for games and things.  It's taken a lot longer than I expected, and cost just a little bit more.


So far I think the total cost is up around $50 dollars, it's interesting though how having a comfortable apartment has changed who I am.  Somehow, in the process of redoing my apartment, I've become "artistic" and "creative" and while i suppose that was sort of the idea, I don't really think about myself that way, and don't feel that anything required any particular artistic ability or talent, just a little bit of spare
time, something I have plenty of.
Before  
 Weirder still is hearing that I am "the guy" or "the life of the party" things i've never really been or even really wanted to be.  Along with the weekly dinners that have just gotten more and more ambitous.  (this week we're planning on making mango curry), we're now doing game night every sunday with dessert, and bringing in ten to twenty people from two wards.
After
We rearranged the furniture to make it more comfortable and convenient for having lots of people.  We bought a lamp (something that was way over due anyway) so that we would be able to do things after it was dark without it feeling so depressing.  I wonder if the apartment has been changing as a result of being more out going, or if being more out going is a result of having a more welcoming apartment.  

So in other news, life is great.  I paid off my bike, so I'm done with landscaping, which is exciting and just a little bit sad.  I went mountain biking the other day, which was super fun.  We went to sundance, you can carry the bikes up the ski lift and then ride them down.  It was without question the most fun i've ever had on a bike.
The fourth of July was fun too.  We hiked up to the side of a mountain and watched the fireworks from there, it was awesome.

The bombs bursting in air

No comments:

Post a Comment