Monday, March 7, 2011

It's not so good to ride right through.

So it's raining rather a lot outside, and it's rather cold. I don't think i've ridden my bike much in the rain, it's really not very pleasant. At first i was like, "this isn't so bad, i can choose to enjoy this." Then I learned several things:

1. Glasses are not conducive to seeing while riding a bike in the rain, nor do they effectively keep rain from hitting your eye at roughly the speed that you're traveling.
2. Bikes, especially when moving down hill, pick up enough speed to make cold drops of rain surprisingly painful.
3. If you leave a helmet locked to your bike, and it starts raining, not only will it get wet, but the foam will absorb quite a bit of water that will slowly drain out when you strap it to your head.
4. Never underestimate how much water your back tire can put on your back side.

But luckily it was all down hill, I had my warm ski gloves, and i don't have to do anything else today but sit in my warm house in warm, dry clothes while I eat food and do homework and maybe listen to radio lab, if the mood strikes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment