Monday, September 22, 2014

In which Ammon *doesn't* make a short list.

Wow, it's been a while.  I'd like to say that I've been so busy in my whirlwind of graduate school that I just haven't had time to update, but that's obviously not true.

The thing is, I always feel like in these big life changes that I should be able to say something incredibly profound, but more and more I realize that big life changes aren't incredibly profound, they just... are.

Summer ended, I left Utah and I moved to Philly and I found an apartment and I started grad school. It just sort of is. The profound bits are things that happen incidentally, like when I'm biking home from the climbing gym and ride under the Market Street Bridge at night, or when I skype with a professor in Canada and talk about the science we want to do together, or when I install command hooks on my very own* wall.  But those things don't really make good blog writing.

It's been almost exactly a month since I moved into my apartment, and I'm starting to settle in to my life here.  And it's good.  I love Philadelphia, grad school is wonderful, and everything I hoped it would be (except that we don't get paid until the end of September.  There've been some adventures in profound budgeting). All in all I'm feeling incredibly blessed.  Everything has come together with almost Buellerian serendipity.

So that's that.  I'll try to keep this up to date. Good luck, fellow adventurers.

(although, this)

*I'm still renting

No comments:

Post a Comment