Sunday, February 3, 2013

Here they sang about tomorrow.

Today I found out the I know five girls who hadn't watched Groundhog Day.  Luckily we sorted that out, more on Groundhog Day in a bit.

My monthly challenge went ok.  It turns out that January was a bad month to try to exercise everyday, somedays I didn't have time, and all days it was cold outside.  I think I managed about every three days.  This next month I'm going to shoot for a more climate-appropriate challenge: writing in my journal every day.  I think it's going to be a lot more manageable.

Regarding Groundhog Day, Sometime it's easy to feel like life is just the same thing over and over.  The last two semesters have been really busy: waking up early, going to class, eating lunch, going to work, eating dinner, doing homework, staying up late, repeat. Mixed in are a lot of first dates, movies, game nights, and the like.  Suffice it to say, it's getting really existential in here; prepare yourself.

Someone commented how great it would be if we could relive the same day so that we would have that time to progress and learn and everything, but that's truly what life is.  It's just one more day, over and over.  Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow.  We just fill our days with so many things that there's no time to do any of things that we wish we could.

And indeed there will be time.

I just feel like it's easy to get so busy in all the things that we don't have time to really do anything, to  learn skills and get to know people and play in the snow and save lives and read and think. Because I think that's what makes life worthwhile, and I feel like I can't be this busy for much longer, not because I can't handle it, but because it's defeating the point of life.

Let us not waste our time in idle discourse. I really should just do something, so that I can do less, so that I can do more.  But what could I cut from my life?  Facebook might be a good place to start.

Am I right or am I right?

2 comments:

  1. Good job even remembering what your goals were a month later! And I like the les mis reference. I really enjoyed the movie, cried lots. Did you finish the book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, after I got back from my mission I read the whole thing while hanging out in Biloxi. It was good, it will probably be a while before I read it all again though.

      Delete