Monday, June 25, 2012

11 Future Experiments

As the result of a TED talk, I decided to take on a 30 day challenge this month, and maybe every month.  I've been waking up at 8am every day, and trying to do something meaningful.  Admittedly, sometimes the meaningful something is going back to sleep, but for the most part it's been a month of productive mornings.  Today I went on a 25ish mile bike ride.  Yesterday I got ready for Church.  Saturday I was camping, and I woke up and read in my hammock and gathered a bit of firewood.  I've also been reading Walden by Thoreau, which is a good catalyst for life changes.  Here are some possible future 30 day experiences:

  • 30 days w/o facebook 
  • 30 days of vegetarianism (Turns out Thoreau talks a bit about not eating meat)
  • A Picture a day for 30 days
  • No text messaging for 30 days
  • Writing in my journal every day for 30 days (or my blog, but my journal would be more meaningful)
  • Draw/Paint something every day for 30 days (there was a time when I wanted to be an artist, now I just doodle)
  • Learn a new magic trick each day and perform it for someone
  • Practice Piano every day
  • Spend one month learning a new skill, practicing it each day: Archery? Guitar? Basketball?  Dance?  Sewing?  Fishing?  There are a lot of options for this one
  • Learn, and use, a new word a day
  • Learn a new language (I think I could make a lot of headway in any of the romance languages in 30 days)
So those are some cool things I could try in the future.  If you have any suggestions, let me know, I might not do them, but then I also might. If nothing else, it would make for some good blog material.   



No comments:

Post a Comment