Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Snips and Snails

I was going to post this on facebook, but I decided it's been too long since I updated my blog.  I bought chicken this week and took a stab at making curry, since my chicken was dangerously close to expiring.  Some may remember the mango shrimp curry that went really really well.  But that was made following very specific instructions, using lots of uppity spices like coriander and cinnamon and I actually didn't do that much of it, I was working more on the naan.  This time I sort of just freestyled it after reading what my cooks illustrated book says about curry.  So far, it doesn't look nearly as good as our mango shrimp masterpiece, but it does smell like curry.   I timed it all perfectly so that the rice would be finished right as the curry was ready, but then i pushed the wrong button, and thirty minutes later as I was finishing the curry, I realized the rice was only warming.  That was unfortunate.


Yesterday I was feeling impulsive and trendy, so I went and bought clipless pedals for my bike.  I can't wait for a sunny day, a few hours and a wrench (i still need to tighten them a bit more) so that I can go somewhere cool at new, exciting speeds.  Between that and the bigger ring they put on, it's going to be intense.  I still need to either fix or replace the seat, which got a bit bent in the great bike accident of 2011, but we're close.

By the way, the curry ended up just a little bitter, and pretty spicy, but it was still good.  Our house smells like curry and probably will for a while.  So that's fun stuff.


Otherwise, life's been good for the past couple months since I've written last.  Christmas came and went, new years came and I made some goals, but not resolutions, which is good, because I would have failed by now.  I think resolutions are silly.  But I still have some goals that I'm slowly working on.  I'm exercising more (and playing soccer!), I've got a date on friday, and I'm managing to read scriptures effectively and consistently, most of the time.  I lost my keys, which just recently turned up.  I also lost my jacket, which sort of perplexes me, so hopefully that will turn up soon.  I made one of my favorite made gifts I've made to date, a homemade Carcassonne, hopefully Dylan's gotten it by now so it won't ruin the month late surprise.  It turned out really well, one of my rare crafty moments.  School is deceptively easy so far, I'm pretty sure they're luring me into a false sense of security.  Work's been good, I get to set all my own hours and work more or less, depending on how much time I have.  So yes, life is great.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you haven't given up on your blog which I was afraid of. We did get dylan's present and it IS awesome. Sorry I hadn't let you know and thanked you yet!!!

    ReplyDelete